Since I got my Macbook Pro, I have always used VLC Player on it and never had Quicktime working [and I did not bother at that time. The sound was not working for any of my videos]. Today I installed Perian, as the name says, this small utility did the trick and now I have sound and all videos working fine in Quicktime.
It has been more than a month since I bought my Macbook Pro. Still loving it.
Photo Credit VipulSo what are my observations so far: – I wanted to time myself to three minutes and wrote whatever that come to my mind, so for sure this is not a full list of things that I think of Mac.
- I for sure think that it has made me more productive. There can be few reasons behind it, I don't fiddle with the system as much as I used to do on PC as I knew more there. Another thing is that the hardware and the software has just worked for me so far!
- I know understand the craziness people have after Apple products [although I already had the test of it using iPhone all this time].
- It makes using computers easy! I just don't need to know about 1001 folders on the system. I know and only worry about my Users folder.
- Time Machine backup is awesome! love it.
- There are way more software than I thought would be and so far have catered all my needs
- There are lot many cool free software as well.
- My Macbook Pro is so quite compared to my Desktop and also to my other PC laptops..
- I am now cool with using Mac OS and don't crave for my Windows OS.
- Did I say I feel cool just using my Mac
- 95% of my time since I got my Mac is spend on Mac computers at home, although I have few many PC's at home
- Love the trackpad.
- I used to be a guy who would love to do things with Mouse and not use keyboard. Since getting Mac, I have now new respect for shortcut keys and again have gained productivity.
- I am a more more more Gmail Ninja on my Macbook.
- I have not used backlit feature a lot yet, but might come in handy some day.
- Love Spotlight search feature, and I am glad now it's part of iPhone.
I still have to self learn the system and may be I am going to put myself a good book or a course to learn more of Mac OS and how it can help me utilize it more beneficially.
Do you have any tips for me?
This photo is posted on Guy Kawasaki’s Holy Kaw blog. It’s Standard Publishing Conference and almost all [few laptops seem non Mac] seem to be using Mac’s. Is this making a statement? I think so.